Calendar for the 2021 — 2022 Season
The following is the preliminary schedule for the season.
Meetings will be remote until further notice.
- October 13 (delayed one week) — Warren Lehrer on fusing writing and design through the composition of books, ani-mations and performance works.
- November 3 — Douglass Scott My Own History of Teaching Graphic Design History — forty-five years of deciding what is important, how many things to show, and what to say; while both old and new items con-tinuously come to light; and how to explain that some ideas and designers have been hidden.
- December 1 — Ben Denzer on exploring the book as an object.
- January 5 — Tobias Frere-Jones In Letters We Trust. Letterforms as a means of security for citi-zens and governments alike, thwarting forgery in plain sight and in secret. The focus is on American banknotes from the Colonial period to the pres-ent day, with additional examples of government permits and lottery tickets.
- February 2 — Nora Krug author of Belong-ing, and On Tyranny Graphic Edition (with Timo-thy Snyder) will discuss graphic novels.
- March 2 — Liz Frances and Bishakh Som Liz Frances is the founder of Street Noise Books, and Bishkah Som is the author of Spellbound will discuss their collaboration.
- April x, xpm — the 48th Annual Dwiggins Lecture — Alison Bechdel: author of Fun Home and The Secret to Superhuman Strength will talk about her work.
- May 4 — Liz Resnick about her work as curator and organizer of international socio-political advocacy posters in themed exhibitions.
*The Society of Printers is a private organization. Meetings are open to members and their guests only.